Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017

Annie & Shaminder - Punjabi Wedding at the Magnolia

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Bridal Portraits
 Shaminder: "I'm a scruffy city planner from Brooklyn, New York and she's a charming teacher from rural Ontario. We couldn't complement each other more, if we tried."
 "The first day I met her, she had already mesmerized me with her beauty. But when we went for a walk along Millstream Village in Victoria, I realized that her energy is irresistible. She is smiling and laughing 99% of the time (the other 1% she's crying from laughing too hard).
Everything about her is so unique; her upbringing in small towns all over Canada, she rescues dogs, inspires kids, creates original art, is a highly skilled cook, and a lover of poetry. It's so easy to fall in love with her, and I'm glad she felt the same about me. Even after 10 year of friendship, there is so much more I want to explore with her and about her."

 While Opal, my second shooter, is spending the morning with Annie, I get to watch a turban being masterfully done:
 Annie: "I met Shaminder on New Year's day in 2007, when he came to visit his family in BC. I wanted to speak to him all night, but I was honestly so intimidated by his good looks and charm, I was speechless. After dinner, my sister, Shaminder's cousin and I decided to watch a movie in the basement. He spent that night throwing pennies at the room he thought we were sleeping in, to get our attention. Little did he know he was throwing pennies at my dad's room. When I heard this, I thought it was the sweetest and most innocent thing ever! While I've now learned Shaminder isn't as innocent as he looks, he is my best friend of 10 wonderful years and I couldn't be happier to be his partner in crime for life."


 Varna is the last ritual before the groom leaves his home, and it's meant to ward off the evil eye:
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Kohl

 The two families meet and greet in front of the gurdwara for the milni ceremony:
 After a delicious breakfast courtesy of All India, everybody gathers inside for the Anand Karaj:



Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos
 The rumours are true. Annie smiles all the time and she brings a happy glow with her everywhere:





Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos


Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos


Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos

 Everyone stands up for the final ardas.

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos
 Rather unusual, the bride gets to be a witness at her own wedding:

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara Anand Karaj Photos
 I'm sure there was nobody ever starving at a Punjabi wedding in the history of Punjabi weddings. Basically, everyone is fed throughout the day for different reasons.

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Bridal Portraits
 This is what I like to call the calm before the storm:
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Bridal Portraits
And by 'storm', I mean doli, where Shaminder comes to his wife's home to take her away:
 Indeed, entering the house isn't easy at all.
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures
The groom and his boys even try the technique made popular by governments around the world, known as 'brute force':

 For some reason, he thinks the pink lipstick would help.

 And he's right. Now everyone is inside, but la resistance regroups successfully:

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Indian Marriage Pictures
 When the negotiations fights stall, proof of life is demanded:

 Money starts to show up, but it's only a diversion:
 Finally, Shaminder can take his bride, but Annie's father seems reluctant to let her out of his arms after the latest events:
 Still smiling, the newlyweds make it back to Shamminder's:

 They are welcomed with the paani varna ritual and a playful game to decide who's going to have the most fun in the family:

 At the end, they dance it all off:
 One of the many things I've learned about Punjabis: they don't just stop the party when the couple leaves the room:

 I can't tell you how much longer the bhangra goes, because it's still on long after I have to leave.
 Guess what, Annie and Sonu are still smiling the next day:
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos

 There's a good reason for that. The golden couple is walking rickshaw-ing in the Magnolia Hall:
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos

 After all that effort, they need to replenish their energy levels:
 Now it's time to sit for a while and listen to marital advice:

 And go down the memory lane with their siblings and best friends:
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos




Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos


 Golden light for the golden couple:
 The floor is quickly overtaken after the first dance:


 It stays busy for the rest of the night:



Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos








Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos

Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos


 It's wonderful to see Mike and Gagan still got it:
 Sharon and Gary still got it, as well, but he's not that young anymore:



 Congratulations one more time, Annie and Shaminder!
Thank you so much for making me a part of your beautiful love story!
Punjabi Wedding Photography Calgary Sikh Marriage Pictures Magnolia Banquet Hall Reception Photos
love.more.cosmin

Vendors 'n' Things:

Sikh Wedding Ceremony - Sikh Society of Calgary Gurdwara
Reception - Magnolia Banquet Hall, Calgary
Decor - Kismet By SC Events and Wedding Decor
Hair and Makeup - Kristy, NV Studios
Mehndi Artist - Roohi, Exotic Henna YYC
Gurdwara Catering - All India
Reception Catering - La Jawab
Cake - Okotoks Cakes
Cupcakes and Confections - Girly's
Pedicab (Rickshaw) - Highroad Pedicabs
Dhol Players - Manrit Dosanjh & Nathan Prasad
DJ - Ken Parmar, House of Bounce
Video - Alpha Video Calgary
Second Shooter - Ishtii Opal, Flux Light Media
Calgary Indian Wedding Photographer - Sikh Marriage Photography

You like? You want? Send me a message: cosmindanilaphoto@gmail.com

About Shabbir Ahmad :

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, pericula qualisque consequat ut qui, nam tollit equidem commune eu. Vel idque gloriatur ea, cibo eripuit ex.
View All Posts By Shabbir !

Comment Policy : Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, saepe gubergren sed id, et est posse insolens temporibus, alterum blandit offendit est et. Quando vocibus nam at. Quo malis detraxit ut, eu nulla decore mentitum, eu ferri postulant urbanitas pri. Nihil consul viderer vel ea, vel doctus accusamus gloriatur ut. Elitr iuvaret.

0 Comments:

All Rights Reserved. 2014 Copyright CLICKER

Powered By Blogger | Published By Gooyaabi Templates Designed By : BloggerMotion

Top